Saturday, January 08, 2005

 

Northeast Tennessee Right to Life and Hilly boy

Before you go nuts first let me say that I am against abortion. I cannot stand Roe v. Wade and I don't understand why a "Bible belt" state is so supportive of abortion. However, that does not mean that I find every action of anti-abortionists ethical.

The Northeast Tennessee Right to Life, led by Michelle Gantz, decided to endorse Hilly boy instead of Patton in the 7th District primary. That is certainly her right, but it is interesting that they both are from Sullivan County, which is not the 7th District.

When Michelle was called and asked why she had dropped Patton her reply was that I needed to call the lobbyist for the Tennessee Right to Life in Nashville. She (the lobbyist) worked with Patton and could tell me what I needed to know. Again, I don't have a problem with someone dropping Patton. But I do have a problem when someone does not know why they do things. Nashville said to endorse Hilly boy so that is what they did. This was an example of the tail wagging the dog and Hilly boy was sitting in the background benefitting from it all.

Comments:
I have edited the post since I have learned that Hilly boy did not actually live in Kingsport. Of course he is from the Kingsport Cohort of Conservatives, but I want to be truthful. Hill & Co. can keep all the half truths to themselves.
 
What do you suppose that Michelle Gantz thinks about RU-486 in general, and more specifically, Hilly-boy getting campaign donations from various Gregory family members who struck up the Altace business partnership with RU-486 Hoechst?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Ping